Named For: General Andrew A. Humphreys, commander of Division in Sickles’ Corps.
Location: Cemetery Ridge.
Designer: E.B. Cope.
Description: Land was acquired in 1896, but road was not built until 1915. Road is bituminous asphalt over telford subbase and measures approximately 36′ wide x 0.097 miles in length. Includes pull-off area for parking, added in conjunction with the comfort station construction.
History: Part of the system of roads within Gettysburg Park designed and built to provide access to various sections of the Battlefield. Humpherys Avenue is within area of 3rd day Battlefield and provides access to the Pennsylvania Monument. One of the shortest roads at Gettysburg, this is the road that wraps behind the Pennsylvania Monument.