Named For: N/A
Designer: E.B. Cope.
Description: Avenue measures 1.793 miles long by 20′ wide. Constructed of bituminous treated macadam with telford base. Runs from Emmitsburg Road to Warren and Sykes Avenues. Various realignments in 1930′s to accommodate automotive traffic, leaving the road base in place as an archeological site in several places.
History: Constructed by War Department through area where CS troops advanced to attack Round Tops on July 2. It crosses breastworks occupied by Law’s CS Brigade on July 3. It also extends through area where Farnsworth’s US Cavalry charged on July 3. This was the first avenue opened along the Confederate lines.