Named For: Gen. David Gregg, commander of a division of Cavalry in the Army of the Potomac.
Location: East Cavalry battlefield.
Designer: E.B. Cope.
Description: Avenue was originally telford paved and measured 16′ wide; in 1934 it was widened and asphalt paved and measured 20′ wide x 0.811 mi. Total length (including Confederate Cavalry & Cavalry Field) 1.579 miles. Also includes un-named sodded land as well.
History: Gregg Avenue is situated within the East Cavalry Field, scene of July 3, 1863 Cavalry engagement. It enters at Low Dutch Road and joins (and becomes) Confederate Cavalry Avenue to the west.
Notes: This is the main road through the East Cavalry battlefield.